Damnit! Just bought fake earbuds!

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by XxTearGodxX, Oct 27, 2010.

1. XxTearGodxX

XxTearGodxX Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Was looking at some on Amazon...I know...I KNOW! Bad idea! They looked real I could have sworn they were. I thought I was buying a pair of used ones for cheap, ugh!

I placed the order last night and realized today they were fake so I sent in an email a few hours ago to cancel the order and I just now got an email 5 minutes ago saying the order has been shipped.

Good thing is I technically did not pay for these, I used a gift card I got for free. I'm debating either trying to use them or to sell them on Craigs List as official Apple earbuds with mic for $10 bucks.

These are the earbuds

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002TZ5Y00/ref=oss_product
  2. zombie boy99

zombie boy99 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    They look pretty real... My earbuds w/ mic from the iPhone 3G look like those and I bought the iPhone from the Apple store so I know they're not fake...
  3. Bigray14719

Bigray14719 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well.. I wouldn't list then as official... That's just not cool. You got tricked into buying them. Do you really want to trick someone else. If you want to sell them. List them as what they actually are.
    In the future read the reviews. The first review definitely indicates these aren't OEM earbuds.
    Good luck
  4. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    When were $3 headphones real?

I mean, even the original Apple headphones (ESPECIALLY with the mic) still hold ground on price.

Should have picked up on that immediately...
  5. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    HAHAHA I thought you meant you bought a fake pair of "real earbuds", I loled when I opened the thread they were fake Apple buds. They are pretty bad to begin with, I kept mine around to exclusively use it with my iPhone while talking on the phone and playing games or typing at the same time. I wouldn't sweat it, you spent virtually no money. When I got fake IE8's for $280 CAN I was pissed (got full refund BTW), thats a whole different ball park as apposed to $2.85 XD