Damn my head hurts!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by cfcboy, Jul 10, 2008.

1. cfcboy

cfcboy New Member

Hi guys, hope all are well. This is my first post so fingers crossed no flaming!

I recently got a 8gb Ipod Touch (like Monday) so am new to the world of jailbreaking etc. There are so many different articles and opinions out there that my brain is starting to hurt!!! I wondered if anyone could help answer some queries I have (or point me in the right direction) if possible??

* I am using FW 1.1.4 with latest Itunes (well one back from 7.7!). After much reading and cr@pping myself about bricking my touch I decided to dive and jailbreak using iliberty+. All went ok, I have cidya and installer but haven’t got round to installing any apps as yet. So my question is, if I wanted to install the latest itunes with app store would this do anything to my jailbreaking?? Im guessing nothing will change until the new firmware is released??

* Early conclusions seem to be that the apps store doesn’t have much in the way of free apps (though that will hopefully change). What are the pro's of upgrading if the same apps are available free of charge through installer?? Im not saying I won’t pay (even though apple had £200 of my money for the touch) im just looking at pro's and cons.

* I do a lot of video streaming on my laptop but I would like to do the same with my touch. I tried too itransmogrify but it only worked on the main itransmogrify site which quickly put pay to my excitement! Are there any quicktime streaming sites out there that are any good, im struggling to find any.

Thats it for the moment. Sorry if this is elsewhere, im just struggling to put it all together.
  2. fishscene

fishscene New Member

Right now it all comes down to personal preference. The biggest advantage of a jailbroken ipod seems to be the customization and emulators/roms.

If you do want to upgrade from 1.1.4 to 2.0, I believe you have to do a restore on itunes to re-lock the device.
  3. The_Judas_Priest

The_Judas_Priest New Member

What to do:

1) Go buy yourself a cheap bottle of Vodka and a 100 pack of painkillers.
    2) Empty both. In one sitting.
    3)Upgrade to 2.0

There should probably be liver surgery somewhere in there.