damn it only been having it for 2 weeks

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iblackwind, Nov 15, 2008.

1. iblackwind

iblackwind New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i am getting blue screen on my laptop if i plug in my ipod touch.....
    i did not get this before when i had it for 2 weeks....
    please some one help me and yeah i thot the problem was with my laptop so i tried reformatting it but still doesn't work....
  2. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ohw ow...i used to get BSOD but that was b/c of chrome...did u install anything recently other than that ipod?
  3. Pwnage Productions

Pwnage Productions Banned

its probably something that you have installed thats tampering with the ipod, go through a list of what you have installed and then what looks like might affect your ipod uninstall.
  4. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

no this is known issue with vista
    it has something to do with the apple mobile device drivers crashing the kernel
  5. iblackwind

iblackwind New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i only plugged in my frends hdd to transfer some game which i dont think had any virus as i already reformatted my com, do you tink it could be the problem?
  6. JAD

JAD New Member

Definitely sounds like device driver problems. See this article: [URL="http://tinyurl.com/5fvds5"[/URL] Uninstall itunes and the drivers, make sure you have the latest of both and updates of vista and try again?
  7. iblackwind

iblackwind New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i am running on xp, i uninstalled the apple mobile device driver, now i dont get blue screen but my ipod is not recognised by laptop due to no driver.....
  8. EvanXTC

EvanXTC Banned

Would it possibly be that maybe your bios/bootloader is set to boot a USB drive first?
  9. JAD

JAD New Member

Try rebooting your pc, once it's turned on, plug in the ipod. Your pc SHOULD be auto detecting it. Try another usb port maybe...then go to device manager and if the new install of the driver shows up, right click and update it.

OR...download drivermax from www.drivermax.com, plug in the ipod and hopefully drivermax will find it and offer the latest updated driver.

Another idea is to try to update your current USB drivers. Again, drivermax is good at that...because your usb drivers if out of date may be causing the problem.
  10. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Do you have XP or Vista?