Damn it, iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPod.Touch, Dec 23, 2009.

1. iPod.Touch

iPod.Touch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    NOOO!! I just turned it on and it worked!! However, none of the apps load. They come up for like 2 seconds and then crash! All except Real Racing, Shift and a few others.

I don't have a clue what just happened. I was trying to get Boxcar to work and installed PushFix and restarted my iPhone and everything was fine but PushFix didn't work so I decided to restart my iPhone again but it never turned back on. Just the Apple Logo. Damn! Before I finish downloading 3.1.2 again to restore it, I was wondering if there was anyway I could fix it without restoring it. Although I don't think so.

Thanks
  2. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Your best bet is the restore, you might have tried installing an app or package that wasn't compatible with your firmware, causing it not to boot properly. Or a package or app conflicted with another package or app, simple as that. I've seen it happen many times, and the only way to fix this was to do a restore.

However, one time my friend SSH'ed into it and took out the last thing he installed, it then booted up like a charm, but none of the app's would load. At-least he was able to sync his contacts, as him, and myself add a new number or two to the phone each day.
  3. CeeJay

CeeJay New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Try booting up in safe mode
  4. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Any word back? And Safe Mode, you mean DFU mode? As far as I'm concerned there's no "safe mode" like there is on PC's...
  5. pieman

pieman Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No, open SBSettings, hit Power and then Safe Mode. It runs you firmware without any Mobile Substrate add-ons running so that if you download something that doesn't work, you can pop it into safe mode, uninstall it and reboot you iDevice and it will be fine.
  6. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    How will that work when he can't boot into the iPod period?
  7. pieman

pieman Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was just explaining that there is a safe mode.
  8. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    brandan, he can boot the iphone, can't he?
    op: if u dont have sb settings installed or cannot open it, you will just have to dfu and restore.