Dam Wifi Won' Work

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kosmo, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Kosmo

Kosmo New Member

Ok I just bought my Ipod touch and I connect to my linksys router, I enter the WEP key and everything and it sais connected and theres a check mark for it. But I can't connect with safari or youtube! I don't believe I have any MAC stuff for it? This is really annoying because this is basically why I wanted to Touch.
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

DNS. Make sure your DNS is the same as your routers.
  3. apple_ipod

apple_ipod Member

4. TouchyLeland

TouchyLeland New Member

You know what, this is actually a shockingly common issue. The DNS discrepencey only seems to be the problem a part of the time. But honestly, while Apple has acknowledged that this is an issue, they haven't found a working fix for it yet. I have this problem whenever I go to my friend's house (she is running on Linksys as well).
    As apple_ipod mentioned, wifi passwords can be an issue. However, you are actually conneccted to the network, it's the internet that's not going through (technically speaking: connected with local network access only). I'm just as mystified as everyone else...
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Seems like the overwhelming majority of people with issues seem to be on Linksys. Several people having indicated that Linksys had firmware updates available to fix the problem, so may want to check that as well. Otherwise, the DNS issue seems to be pretty common fix.