d-pad on top...

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by onyxd, Dec 9, 2007.

1. onyxd

onyxd New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    could someone make a directional-pad on the upper part of the screen (exchange with L-button) so that i could see mario (or other charcters) when playing... my thumb is covering up the characters so i cant see where they are or what they are doing... haha and the L button doesnt have much function so its okay to it on the buttom...

thanks!!!
  2. Nordini

Nordini Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    umm im no expert on making controllers(im terrible at art), but im pretty sure the controllers people make are just skins to cover up the real controller.

they are just changing the way the controller appears on the screen, they are not changing where the buttons actually are. so if somebody makes one where teh d-pad is on top it wont work because the actual button is still on the bottom but it would just look like the d-pad is on bottom.

you would have to ask zodttd personally to make this controller for you if this is what you wanted.
  3. Dbajj

Dbajj New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well actually with the recent releases you can also attach a .txt file defining where all your buttons are, so you could have the dpad right in the middle of the screen and it would work if you defined it right.

To the original poster, instead of having such a strange controller setup, you could just make sure you have version 1.1.2 and then just go to settings and turn off screen scaling, this makes the screen smaller and centered so you can see everything that is happening.
  4. [ß]

[ß] New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I'll make you a custom controller. Just tell me what buttons you need, and maybe include a screenshot of the game so I can work around the charcters. Or, just tell me which controller you're using and I'll just work off of that one. It won't be much trouble. If you give me the info by tomorrow evening, I'll have it together by... Well, tomorrow evening.
  5. berky93

berky93 New Member

or you could just use the smaller screen. i found its easier to see mario

Please Register or Log in to view images