CyW00d V1.7 Tutorial

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by yuyaera, Feb 22, 2009.

1. yuyaera

yuyaera Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright i know many people jailbroke and some havent so to the people that havent jailbroke... heres a tutorial for cyw00d's program. i tried to make it detailed as possible. I dont care if other people made one... all cmd prompts will exit on its own.

1. Download Cyw00d's program

2. Download Winrar (just google it. its the 3rd one)

3. Extract the the folder

4. You would also need to download a 2.2.1 ipsw firmware. (also found in google. the 2nd one.)

5. once finished put the firmware without changing the name to Cyw00d file

6. now you install libusb. if you are a vista user go into the Cyw00d folder click install right click libusb> properties> Compatibility> and make it run as compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

7. now you can install libusb.

8. Install Redistributable Package. when done, go to next step.

9. click on the firmware that you downloaded. and then start making the IPSW file.

10. this will go on for a long time. and when it stops and it says done. dont exit cause theres a bit more to go. if you do exit and try to restore with the custom firmware it will say: error (1403) at least thats what i got.

11. now put the ipod in DFU mode you should hear the USB connecting. (if you dont know how to put it in DFU heres how: hold home and power until you hear the sound, then you let go of the power button. hold down the home till you hear a second sound. Congratulations your ipod is in DFU!

12. Now upload DFU file.

13. after thats done unplug your usb cable and then plug it back in after 2 seconds. the white screen will pop up. Now you upload the Own patch. Continue on.

14. Click on press me. and in the CMD just paste. you dont need to copy anything its already copied for you.

15. open itunes press Shift while doing so click restore and you should be able to select your own firmware. find your Jailbroken Ipsw file. this will take about 20mins

16. if you get a malfunctioned message you did it right if you didnt you did something wrong.

17. Now put it into DFU again. you wont be able to hear the USB sound for the first time but when you release the power and hold home you should be able to hear it after its done.

18. usb and plug it back in. you should agian get a white screen

19. Upload the own patch.next step

20. click press me again and paste. if it doesnt work. guess were you click.

21. upload patched DFU

22. click the next button. type in go. then hit enter

23. then type /exit

24. now upload patched IMG file by clicking the button...

25. now the last step! click on "enter go and /exit" and do the same thing as step 22. and it should boot.

26. WHOOOWOOO JAILBROKEN!!

.... I just noticed i accedently posted it onto 2nd gen ipod touch instead of 2nd gen jailbreak *facepalm*
  2. johnspin

johnspin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if you just noticed that why didnt you just copy and paste it into a new thread?
  3. yuyaera

yuyaera Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i just edited it after i posted it =p
  4. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    why was this needed? cywood's program comes with a tutorial
  5. yuyaera

yuyaera Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    idk i just felt like it. theres nothing better to do. haha
  6. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    if you're bored go to the off-topic section and talk about whats on your mind