Cydia

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DWY, Apr 18, 2010.

1. DWY

DWY Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So, over the past couple of months I've been hearing people say Cydia is going downhill. Slowly but surely. I don't know if I agree with this or not but if it's true do you think that a new package installer will be born(within the next 6months to a year)?
  2. AMurphy

AMurphy Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    it is possible that a new default package installer will be born with 4.0 like cydia with 2.0 but i disagree sure cydia is sometimes slow but i dont think anything will be able to trump cydia like cydia did to installer
  3. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I don't know but those of you who new about my mighty project of making the ultimate repo will be happy to know that it it BAcK ON TRACK! I now have a host and am ready to start putting packages on it
  4. AMurphy

AMurphy Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    whats the ultimate repo ?
  5. DWY

DWY Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sounds good, but that wont stop crappy themes and fart detecting apps fro appearing in the other default repos. But I support your idea. If you need help wit it PM me.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I think what he's saying is he's going to make the ultimate repo.
  6. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Basicly i'm gonna have people screening stuff that goes onto the repo, that way ony the best stuff goes on and people can delete the other repos
  7. boopyman

boopyman Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It's quite possible that there is a new package installer coming with 4.0, but I can't imagine it taking over Cydia. Cydia to me is perfect, and it's only issue is it's looks.
  8. SpeedyApocalypse

SpeedyApocalypse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It is not Cydia that is going downhill, it is the RepoMan at Mac City repo, and many other repositories that just fill Cydia with useless "themes" which are just lockscreen wallpapers. Imo, the repos should be much harder on what they let in and what they do not allow to be put onto the repo. Cydia would work fine, the content is what it hurting it.
  9. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    that's exactly what I'm going for with my repo, I have moderators for it andthey decide whether the theme/app is good enough to be allowed onto the repo, therefore only the best themes and apps get onto it