Cydia Won't Uninstall Apps, Stuck in Safe Mode...HELP!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by KCooper, Dec 5, 2009.

1. KCooper

KCooper Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Okay, sorry if this is unclear, but here it goes..

I just updated my iPod touch 2G to 3.1.2. I used blackra1n to jailbreak. All went well, and I used the blackra1n app to install Cydia, but not Rock. Afterward, I uninstalled blackra1n from my iPod touch. Now here's where everything went downhill.

I don't have WiFi at my home, so I used a local WiFi hot spot to download two apps: [PIRACY] 3.1 and acf2add. Now, I went back home, and used iFunBox to install a bunch of .deb files to the Cydia "AutoInstall" folder. I also installed a bunch of themes. Now, when my iPod touch rebooted, it was in safe mode for some reason. I tapped restart, and it rebooted in safe mode again. It keeps going back in safe mode over and over. I thought it might of been an incompatible app that I added to Cydia, so I tried to uninstall all the apps I added (through Cydia) and it won't uninstall any of them. I just get a bunch of errors, then the Restart Springboard button.

What do I need to do? Is restoring the 3.1.2 firmware and re-jailbreaking the only option left?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it fixed. Come to find out, one of those .deb files was Backgrounder, and it was incompatible with my firmware. I got it fixed now.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. PANICatTheRYAN

PANICatTheRYAN New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How did you fix it?

The same EXACT thing that you described is happening to mine and I'm pretty sure I know what applications or extensions caused it, but I keep getting those errors when i try to uninstall anything in cydia.

How did you fix it?
  3. imdgame

imdgame New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yo! you need to reconnect it again to your pc/itunes in order to boot and re-run blackra1n.

hope it works
  4. loc_luke

loc_luke Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    ok this is happening to me on 4.1