Cydia won't show up on Springboard!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by nikojpapa, Apr 13, 2009.

1. nikojpapa

nikojpapa New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i had my 2.2 firmware jailbroken, and on it i had bossprefs. I had cydia on the dock in bossprefs so it was hidden on the springboard and i could only access it if i opened bossprefs. i then updated my firmware to 2.2.1, but forgot to take cydia out, and then i jailbroke it again. the problem is, since it was only accessible from bossprefs before, i can only access it from bossprefs now, but the only way to get bossprefs is from cydia! WHAT CAN I DO!?!
  2. willytboy

willytboy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Did you accidentally hide boss prefs ? try removing it or reinstall it and see if that helps it.
  3. nikojpapa

nikojpapa New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i cant though, because i cant get to cydia
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok i got kind of far, but i still need help. I downloaded bossprefs from http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/143284996/BossPrefs.zip.html and uploaded it to my ipod using iphonebrowser, but it doesnt show up on my springboard. i didnt hide it before, but im thinking it had something to do with the permissions, but iphonebrowser cant change permissions.
    alright i finally couldnt take it anymore and just restored as new. now i have to re-download everything, so anyone who has bossprefs make sure you don't make the same mistake!
  4. azulblueaoi

azulblueaoi New Member

ok see this happened to me too, but I restored and then jailbroke again and I still cant get cydia to show up on the springboard, I have no idea what to do....
    ok i made a mistake after restore, I let itunes restore my back-up, which probably installed cydia back in the bossprefs things but Im not able to see bossprefs, so going to restore ipod again...oh i hate it, it takes so long.
  5. taxbax

taxbax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    just happened to me on 3.0 update

Hi,
    I know this is an old topic but I am hoping to bump it up and get a solution because this just happened to me updating to 3.0.

I had Cydia in the SBSettings dock before I restored so it was hidden. When I installed 3.0 jailbroken, cydia was there fine but when I restored my backup from itunes it hid cydia before I had installed anything like SSH, SBSettings, Poof, or QuickGold.

The built in spotlight feature in 3.0 apparently can not find jailbroken apps so I can not search for cydia.

HELP!!!
    I found a solution so i thought id post it incase anyone else has this issue. You need to ssh into your device if you can. if you can't you need a program that can access yoru file structure. I used Disk Aid http://www.digidna.net/diskaid/download.php . Then do this

"Worst case scenario, if nothing works, you can use iPhoneBrowser and delete the files located at /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist and the reboot your phone"

found that here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general-iphone-chat/461991-installing-sbsettings-without-cydia.html

phew!
    also, now the built in spotlight app can find cyida - i guess it only searches for springboard jailbreak apps...ill stick with quickgold
  6. dajestic

dajestic New Member

reboot your iTouch or iPhone it worked for me

Please Register or Log in to view images