Cydia won't see installed packages

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by IBeMad, Dec 19, 2009.

1. IBeMad

IBeMad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have recently encountered a problem with cydia not loading. It would just open then crash. No big deal, I'll just use blackra1n to reinstall cydia

Please Register or Log in to view images

. (I also had rock and Icy installed at separate times btw.) Well once i resprung cydia wasn't showing at all, so I ended up having to go to ifile and delete cydia.app. I installed cydia again using blackra1n and now when I go to manage > Packages nothing is there except all the sources that I've installed.

It's getting really annoying to have to install then uninstall packages, where I would normally just uninstall them. HELP!!!

2. GeorgeJQ

GeorgeJQ Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you should probably just do a dfu restore
    that would be the best imo
  3. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Weird. I had the same issue. Im just installing everything I have.
  4. MyCsPiTTa

MyCsPiTTa New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hi, I'm posting here so I don't have to start a new thread - I've got a similar problem.

Cydia stopped working recently on my iPod Touch 2G 8GB (3.1.2), so after having no luck with anything else, I re-jailbroke using Spirit.
    This worked liked a charm - Cydia now works perfectly and all of my Cydia apps were automatically updated to the latest versions - I didn't have to lift a finger.

But I've just noticed my old Cydia apps aren't listen under Manage>Packages anymore - so I can't uninstall (or, I guess, update) anything.

It sounds likes the OP above has found a way around this by reinstalling his old stuff manually. The problem is, I can't remember the names of many of the apps I have installed!

I had PkgBackup installed so maybe I could run that. But I'm a bit reluctant to as Spirit already did such a good job of updating everything (current problem aside) and I don't want to screw it up.

Any other solutions?