Cydia won't load

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Swift Finch, May 5, 2010.

1. Swift Finch

Swift Finch New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I figure this is the right place to post this. I just jailbroke my 3G 64gb itouch with Spirit, but when I try to run Cydia, the spinning loading circle appears briefly, freezes, then sends me back to the "slide to unlock" screen. I've tried to use Cyder instead, but it seems like I need winterboard to actually sync the apps to it. Anyone know a solution?
  2. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    have you installed anything prior to this issue? was it a fresh restore or was it previously JB or did it have other apps installed?
  3. Swift Finch

Swift Finch New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It wasn't jailbroken previously, and the only apps I had were some freebies I downloaded from Apple's app store.
  4. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I would do a fresh install of the ipsw and then JB, its usually the best way to go, thats how I have gotten the best results in the past with previous JBs.
  5. Swift Finch

Swift Finch New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ugh, that's what I heard from someone else, so I guess it's my only choice. I just hate having to continually transfer my upwards of 40gbs of music every time I restore it. Is there anyway to get the backup to backup music as well?

EDIT: Great, it's still doing it after a clean restore and jailbreak. Is there anything else I can try?
  6. ThrPod

ThrPod New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    40GB of music : OMG / I have the same iPod as you , same issue
    -> I installed Rock when Cydia could load (not often). It doesn't crash as Cydia does.
  7. Swift Finch

Swift Finch New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    How can that be done with Spirit, though? I know there were options before, with Icy and indeed Rock with previous jailbreaks, but how can I install it with Spirit or something?
  8. 1mavhere

1mavhere New Member

I have the same prob everything was working fine ..then suddenly..i cannot enter cydier..it jus gives me a white screen for about 5 seconds then backsout to the homescreen.?