Cydia won't load. Please read!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by TheDude89, Jul 18, 2009.

1. TheDude89

TheDude89 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have tried everything! Except a restore, but I really hope I don't have to.
    So far:
    - Reboot
    - Clear Memory
    - Rejailbreak
    - All fixes I've seen such as clearing /var/lib/apt/lists except partial and
    - Clearing /var/lib/dpkg/updates

Also, cydia has worked previously. Idk if this has caused this or was a coincidence but the last time cyda worked I held the home button down for a few seconds, thinking it was going to clear any apps running in the background. But, I remembered that worked only on the springboard so i went back to the springboard and after that cyda would not load. A few secs on the loading screen and it would crash.

Please help!

PS- if you install something in icy, would cydia recognize that the same package is installed?
  2. era506

era506 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I have a similar problem with Cydia. It won't load, crashes almost immediately after open it. This happened after an update this morning, Cydia was working just fine and it told me there were three updates: Cyntact, Mobile Substrate and Weather Icon, after updating them Cydia stoped working. Any help? Thanks in advance!
  3. kev50088

kev50088 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I updated mobile substrate and cydia is still working fine
  4. era506

era506 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Ok, it loaded after I updated the sources via Mobile Terminal, don't know why but it works now. I just opened terminal, became root and entered "apt-get update" without quotes.
  5. GrrrBPD

GrrrBPD New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I had same problem what i did was open redsnow and did it again i didnt restore i just made sure i only clicked cydia and not clay that should help.
  6. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    mine just started crashing a few minutes ago. i open cydia, it says loading data, and then closes.
  7. H4CK!NT0SH

H4CK!NT0SH Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Mine is messed up too...

I bought the Cydia Store application "PkgBackup" and now when Cydia tells me there is an upgrade to it, it either says "apt.bigboss.com HTTP FORBIDDEN" blah blah even though I bought it. It either does that or Cydia immediately crashes after I press "Upgrade"

Sigh. I don't know when Saurik is going to realize that he should try to make Cydia better. He always does the bare minimum for firmware updates.
  8. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    ssh into /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d and delete those files.

all your sources get deleted though, but the problem is fixed.
  9. Ronald Coleman

Ronald Coleman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, so this started happening to me just yesterday morning, at first cydia wouldn't even open, so i re-jailbroke my ipod...

Cydia then worked fine,

then this morning i started getting this problem again so i re-jailbroke and it still doesn't work,

i can't try deleting sources or updates cause after jailbreaking i lost my ssh icon and now i can't access it through my computer...

Any ideas to help get cydia running again?
  10. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    can anyone post the sources that get installed by default in cydia please?