Cydia vs. Installer 4

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by unixd, Aug 10, 2008.

1. unixd

unixd New Member

As far as I know there are no threads that are based on this topic so this is it:

What is better/more capable on firmware 2.0 and on, Cydia or Installer?

From what I have read Cydia seems to be the better, more reliable installer for 2.0. It is highly customizable and is open source. Installer, on the other hand, is more based around the average user and but from other posted threads I have seen the RiP Dev team still has quite a few kinks to iron out.

So what installer are YOU using on 2.0 and why do you think it is better?

Note: FYI I have not upgraded to 2.0 yet but plan on it in the near future.
  2. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    um using both Cydia and Installer.
    Installer is beta but real soon when Installer is more stable i wil kick Cydia in his ass

Please Register or Log in to view images

Cydia sucks
  3. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Cydia is awesome. Telesphoreo is awesome. Terminal is awesome. Debian is awesome.

Installer is unsupported and sucks. I agree, it's pretty, but I've grown nice and used to apt-get and other stuff in terminal that I would miss if I moved totally to Installer.
  4. Shwayze

Shwayze New Member

Cydia freezes whenever I install something and click the home button. Installer has always worked flawlessly for me.

Installer > Cydia
  5. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you do know that cydia doesnt react when you press the home button because when installing an app, it doesnt physically respring. if it is freezing, your doing something wrong

i like cydia, and i hate so many people that complain and cant use it. installer looks pretty definitely, but i really like cydia. its organised and installs pretty quickly
  6. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Maybe you should learn to have patience. The freezing is because Cydia is using the AppLoad utility to install apps on the SpringBoard, and it takes a minute for the homescreen to pop back up. It does this instead of respringing.

Edit: Damn chungster.
  7. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

8. Shwayze

Shwayze New Member

I have, I waited around 10 minutes and nothing ever unfroze, I was uninstalling BossTools. By the way, I might not know how to use Cydia, but ffs it shouldn't be hard to use. Installer is an easy way to do things, even if you've never used it before.
  9. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Lol @ gitykins

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    ive never used cydia, and when I first installed it, I looked around cydia, and i knew what to do. it isnt even hard
  10. cometobuy

cometobuy New Member