cydia using

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SwitcH77, Nov 9, 2009.

1. SwitcH77

SwitcH77 Member

Mates ,

is it somehow dangerous to use cydia?
    i got jailbroken iphone first gen , and i really want just the best for the phone you know , so using winterboard for example is battery killer or is it dangerous somehow?

also could someone please give me noobie tutorial hwhat to do if i want to have different wallpaper in lock screen and in springboard? now i have same wallpaper in lock and springboard

thanks
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

umm, Cydia isn't dangerous to use. If it were, then we would hear of exploding iPhones everywhere.

winterboard is not much of a battery killer if you apply small things to your iPhone. Applying video wallpapers will kill the battery.

as for the springboard and lockscreen having different backgrounds, i think you can just edit a theme and throw in two different images in their correct folders, but i dont know how to do it.
  3. SwitcH77

SwitcH77 Member

yea , thanks matey ,

just the thing is , i am not using any downloaded theme , all im using is that i deleted the labels from summerboard icons and i putted the wallpaper into springboard , it looks rly sexy , but now when i change the actual lock screen wallpaper , the springboard wallpaper changes as well . nah
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    nobody knows?