Cydia Users Update

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Romulus, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Romulus

Romulus New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This could prove to be a false positive for anyone else, however approx 7:15 CST I opened Cydia and recieved a notice for upgrade to version 1.0.2953-59

Haven't been able to locate any pack notes or official release other than notes located within the cydia installer package:

Features of Cydia :

Simple dependenc scheme means no more trying to install packages in the right order

Packages for the wrong Apple firmware version aren't even displayed in the interface

Ask for a " user level" in order to hide advanced/confusing packages from " end users"

Clean design makes it easier to find packages ( with more improvements on the way)

Uses industry standard tools (APT). so documentation and support available anywhere

Supported by(many) more developers and has (many) more applications available

Version 1.0.2953-59

Again if this turns out to be something I was just slow to catch, then apologies to all. But figured I would let it be known after being unable to find any other news concerning the above mentioned version listed elsewhere.

Take care,

-Rom
  2. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yes this is a new update..
    A change that i have noticed its that the letters on the right side show and now fully work..
  3. milkman

milkman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    is there a change log for cydia aanywhere?
  4. maclac

maclac New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Since I installed this upate cydia does load for me on my iPhone 3.0jb

tried the fix from 2.2 where you delete the lists of repos from the phone via ssh bt still no joy.

Any help?
  5. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It works very nice.
    Love it.
  6. Romulus

Romulus New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Not sure I'm understanding your sitution. Would you care to please elaborate?
  7. maclac

maclac New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ^^

Sorry, fat thumbs on iphone keyboard.
    Installed the update Now cydia does NOT load, most times I get blank screen then back to home page, on occaison i get the loading screen for a few seconds then home screen again.

Found a thing inline about removing the content of var/lib/apt/lists and rebooting as this has worked in the past on 2.2. Didn't work

i put the deleted files back and tried re- jbing over the top of the existing jb but again no cydia joy.

So right now Im stuck with no cydia - not a huge deal but annoying if i cant update apps or toggles for sbsettings. Reckon it'll have to be fresh install of 3.0 then jb again to fix it unless anyone knows of a fix to help me out

cheers

malc
  8. Romulus

Romulus New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah man to be honest with you, I think the best way to go, would be restore the device, re-jailbreak. Afterwards attempt the cydia updates, and cross your fingers.

Wish I had a better answer for you, but thats all i can think of right now.

-Rom
  9. supermonkey

supermonkey New Member

Thats happened to me too, just need to get around to re-jailbreaking...such a pain re-syncing everything
  10. Romulus

Romulus New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That sucks supermonkey. Hopefully re-jailbreaking will do the trick for you.

@maclac Have you given it a try and had any success?