Cydia updates caused a problem

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Andymans, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Andymans

Andymans New Member

Cydia updates caused a problem. When I went to respring the ipad it got stuck on the apple logo and the spinni9ng wheel. Tried to turn it off many times but no luck. Did a search on the forums and read about how to reboot. Hold sleep/wake button and home button together until the apple logo appeared.
    Tried it. held for about 10 seconds and it changed from spinning apple to just apple logo. Waited 3 or 4 mins and then it sprang back into life. Phew!!!!
    Not sure what the upgrades was. I had 7 to do when I turned cydia on.
    Just thought I would let any one know about the reboot if you experiance a similar problem.
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    It wasn't Cydia, it was mobilesubstate. It happened to me yesterday when i updated mobilesubstrate and today as well when another update came out with Cydia update. Any ways just do a hard reset and all good.
  3. lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I want to download sbsettings but Im afraid its gonna happen again..mobilesubstrate did me in yesterday but then when I reformatted and I tried installing sbsettings the same thing happened again.so what is the best method to fix the issue if the spinning wheel happens again
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I just installed SBSettings, everything is back up and running perfectly

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I guess the problem is that it tries a respring when in fact, it needs a reboot...
  5. Andymans

Andymans New Member

MikeC. is this a common fault at the moment with mobilesubstate or is it a app that uses mobilesubstate that is causing the problem? From what I understand about mobilesubstate is that we need this for a lot of the jailbreak apps to work and its some kind of failsafe. Or am I completely off the mark with that comment.
  6. Chaoguy

Chaoguy New Member

Device:
    iPad
    The problem is mobilesubstrate, Saurik tweeted this:

"Reload SpringBoard" stuck? Reboot. The jailbreak Illuminati chose "risk of harmless stuck" over "forced reboot" due to tethered jailbreaks.

So just do a reboot. I nearly died when I had the problem, but just reboot and you're good to go.
  7. jeremytodd1

jeremytodd1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How exactly do you reboot? lol...
  8. 303d

303d New Member

i updated all 7 packages but after i did this all of the same things happened to me and also more annoyingly i cannot use my apple component tv out anymore-once i plug it in-none of my apps will open they just freeze in the loading state-can anyone tell me which update should i uninstall because my ipod touch is useless now really?? ta
  9. seth

seth New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i've updated sb settings and other stuff in cydia and then restarted my ipod. after that cydia won't work anymore. i enter in cydia, loads for 1 sec and then exists. can i do anything except restore and jb again?
  10. Chaoguy

Chaoguy New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I'm not sure about that 303d, I don't have a component out so I'm not sUre what it needs.

@Seth, try going I to safe mode and launching cydia, then uninstall whatever it is you last installed.

Btw, this is the iPad forum, the iPod touch forum can be found here.