Cydia Store VS Ads

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by wyndwarrior, Oct 31, 2009.

?

How should I release it?

1. Cydia Store for $0.99

8.7%
  2. Free but with ads.

52.2%
  3. Completely free (ad free too)

34.8%
  4. Cydia Store AND ads.

4.3%
  1. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok, so I'm planning on releasing my app, iDashboard, to Cydia soon, but I don't know what is the best money making choice.

I could submit it to the Cydia store for $0.99, but I'm not sure how well it will sell. Also, with the increasing number of "cracked" cydia stores apps, I'm sure that my app will soon be cracked.

Of course ads are a solid source of revenue that I could rely on but most apps with ads look ugly, and users could also have ad-block.

Finally, I could just release it for free and have no ads of any sort (maybe a donation button), especially since this is my first app.

I would like to know some user's opinion before release it, be sure to leave a reply.

My App:

iDashboard.

Please Register or Log in to view images

A multi-paged dashboard for your iPhone! Features a world clock, a calendar, a weather widget, a working calculator, lockscreen dashboard, and double-tap Dashboard. Also will have available widget packs for download in Cydia. Customization features include: wallpapers with auto-dim and the ability to change wallpapers through the Photo app.

Attached Files:

2. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Free with ads or free with donate button.

An older version of your program has already been taken and put on another source.
  3. iOwnxD

iOwnxD New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i heard that apps on the rock your iphone store make 80x more then the cydia store. maybe upload it there?
  4. mat1111fun

mat1111fun New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Free with ads man! Because most people with touches are under 18 so they dont have credit cards , so i rekon youd be better to go with just with putting ads everywhere

5. Freerunnering

Freerunnering Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    free with an ad filling the empty space next to clock and a donate button on the popup menu that i take it will appear when you press the + sign.

and yes you'd get least money from a price of $0.99 as everyone on here even though they are on THIS site and therefore don't use it have all come across the a post with a cracked repo listed

6. andywutts

andywutts New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yessir, free with ads

looks alright, will it work on a touch? and yeah, i'm one of those under 18s with no credit cards :S
  7. Freerunnering

Freerunnering Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    me too!

i want paypal and credit card but most ipodtouch/iphone users are under and don't
  8. Sunrisemoon

Sunrisemoon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have the perfect idea! I'm guessing the '+' button adds widgets, right? You should make the ads appear then and then disappear when the '-' button is clicked. I can't wait for this to be on Cydia! By the way, don't make it cost money! I've never bought anything on Cydia, and don't plan on it because I don't use Paypal!
  9. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    A two-tier system always works best, a free version with ads, and a tier one ($0.99) version without. It's a proven system and it works perfectly with the iPhone community.

EDIT: Unless you're feeling generous, and releasing it for free. Donations won't be coming in, I can assure you that.
  10. Freerunnering

Freerunnering Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    DON'T do 2 tier as i ''could'' get the full version within the day! a lots of people WOULD!