Cydia Store Trial Periods

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by gumbi, Mar 7, 2009.

1. gumbi

gumbi Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    is there an easy way for saurik to implement this? this is a major feature missing from the App Store, and one of the main justifications given for cracking apps.

i'd like to see this implemented, thoughts?
  2. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes, developers can develop LITE versions, and please don't talk about a cracked apps.
  3. gumbi

gumbi Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    lite versions are often handicapped and not a true representation of the full app. to really tell if you want to purchase something, a week trial or longer should be implemented.

i'm wondering if saurik can code something like this automatically for paid apps.

and with regard to talking about cracked apps, it's all about intention. nothing is ever a blanket rule. i'm not supporting it, in fact i'm trying to give a reason to not see them for the Cydia Store. consider things past the surface.
  4. Parm289

Parm289 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This would actually be one place where the Cydia Store could move ahead of the AppStore.

One of the things i absolutely detest about the AppStore is the thousands of LITE and FULL/DELUXE apps out there. Utterly useless, and the AppStore becomes clogged with millions of different versions of apps. It's confusing to the end user and impractical for developers.

So, implementing a trial period could be an effective way to resolve the need for cracking (as "trying apps" is the most cited motive for cracking, as mentioned above) and immediately propel the Cydia Store ahead of the AppStore in at least one category.

As much as it would be asking for pirating, there should be a common platform, a Cydia "SDK," that developers of Cydia Store apps could use to standardize trial usage, DRM, payment, etc. This would benefit users, devs, and saurik (management of the Cydia Store must be a nightmare).
  5. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    A 5 or 10 day trial before having to pay would be a great addition to the Cydia Store and put it way ahead of the AppStore. Lite versions often don't cut it and are just a waste of download space.