[Cydia Store] Infinidock Review

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by narwal13, Feb 5, 2010.

1. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    The famous scrolling dock that let's you put and infinite amount of apps in your dock!!

All images are currently attachments

This app is currently on the Cydia Store and is developed by chpwn (correct if wrong)

When you buy this, there will be no icon. All you have to do is respring, and put icons in your dock then scroll away.

In your Settings app, you can manage how many icons you want in your awesome scrolling dock, and whether or not you want scrolling enabled or not.

Here are minor bugs, but they are all fixed by a simple respring. UPDATED!!!

-Stacks do not work in your Infinidock. (have not tested, do not have Stacks, someone let me know about this.)

-Moving icons to and from the dock maybe a little difficult if you are in a hurry.

These are the only bugs I've encountered so far, I'm sure they'll be fixed any of the future updates.

The dock also does not lock in one place like the Springboard does. One swipe could cover the entire dock, depending on how many apps you have.

Overall Rating and Explanation

Audio:
    This is a tweak and thus has no audio.

GUI (Graphical User Interface):
    Amazingly simple and very easy to use and figure out. 5/5

Reuse Value:
    You can never get tired of this dock, unless you're a huge fan of Stacks... 4.5/5

Price:
    99 cents is all you need for this! 5/5

Overall:
    4.5/5. Half a star was lost due to the minor bugs, but still, definitely worth the money.

*The iPod Touch Fans rating system was used to rate this app/tweak.

Thank you for taking the time to read this app review.

-narwal13

BTW, the theme I am using is Glasklart, for you curious fellers out there.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Attached Files:

2. tanktan38

tanktan38 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Great review! I am using Infinidock and i find it hard to move apps from SpringBoard to the edges of the dock.
  3. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    thank you! your bug was added to the list. I also experienced this...but forgot to include this. Thanks for your input!
  4. Sunrisemoon

Sunrisemoon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You have an old version of Infinidock. Update it and some of the bugs are fixed + more features.
  5. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    ^Oh yeah. I checked Cydia this morning and there was an update. I'm updating Infinidock right now...and the review will be changed as soon as I install it.
  6. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

Nice review, pointers on later. Quick question, why does it say SnowOS? That has no meaning to it at all.

About the review, all you did was elongate the description and point out a few bugs. How did infinidock help you?
  7. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I just picked something random to put on there, currently my iPod says iPwn in the corner, and sorry for the inconvenience, but I may NOT update this review...ever again. Why?

Well, yesterday, I resprung my iPod after installing the update of Infinidock, then during installation, it uninstalled 6IconDock, whose dylib was disabled in SBSettings. Everything was fine. Then I went to install Stacks, to see if they work with Infinidock so I could remove that bug in the review, and during that installation, Shrink was uninstalled. I resprung, and now my springboard crashes at the lockscreen OVER AND OVER again. And after about 10-20 cycles of doing that, the screen flashes white and reboots.

Sorry to hijack the topic, but I will NEVER jailbreak again.

I know you EBOBO,I know what your gonna say... iTunes doesn't detect my iPod, and DFU isn't working.

As soon as the roads clear up and I go to school, my friend, itachi2121 here is going to borrow it to fix it.

If you have any suggestions, please help me here:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276680

and

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276698
  8. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

DFU is hardware-based. It should always work.
  9. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I think I'm doing the button combination wrong....post on the other thread we don't want to get reported for off-topic chat.
  10. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member