Cydia Stopped Working

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Tariomaster, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Tariomaster

Tariomaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So what happened was it was working one second, and then then the next, it stopped working. It crashes on open. I fixed permissions, even extracted Cydia from multiple sources including the Pwnage Tool's files.

Help?

OR if there is a way to download apps on the computer and SSH them in, that'll work too
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yes you can put applications into the /Applications/ folder manually through SSH and set permissions to 755.
  3. Tariomaster

Tariomaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    but how do I download .apps that are on cydia?
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I'm not sure about that nor if you can or not.
  5. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It depends what source they come from. Most sources have an index viewable in your web browser. For example, you can go to www.thebigboss.org and look at their repo with the "hosting/repository" tab at the top. With most, you can just type the source you would add to cydia into your browser. For example, http://apt.modmyi.com. From there, you can download the deb files, which can be unpacked with a free tool (google it). Then you can SSH the files to their locations on the iPod.
    It's long, so you should probably try more to fix Cydia. Have you tried removing it with "apt-get remove cydia" and then "apt-get install cydia"?