Cydia randomly starts to be slow - help please

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by dragoonwhisper, Apr 14, 2010.

1. dragoonwhisper

dragoonwhisper New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so, i've used Cydia with my jailbroken Ipod touch 2g 3.1.3(used the loop hole 3.1.2 way to jailbreak) and it worked GREAT. now, randomly, it's slow as HELL with starting up(aka Loading Data)/Reloading Data/ Reloading Data from when i install/uninstall an app through Cydia. I've re-jailbroke my ipod touch thus reinstalling Cydia(far as i know) and it's STILL SLOW. Any idea on how to fix this?

Also, i never noticed this to consider it for a fact out of the ordinary but 8.8gb on my ipod in Itunes is considered -other- data. This to me seems alittle concerning considering it's using 8gb for "other" data.
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    How many things have you downloaded?
    Did you ever have rock?
    Did you update Cydia for the Cache feature?
  3. dragoonwhisper

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i've downloaded numerous items but here's the thing; i uninstalled all of them to see if it would helped and it did not.

i update cydia with any update it has so i'm shur i updated for the Cache feature.

It's hot over here and my temper couldn't hold so i restored my ipod. At the moment it's NOT jailbroken but if you give me a few mins, i shurly can.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    also, no i've never used rock. i've been thinking of trying it out but i haven't the slightest idea where to being to get it. i'm swomped with alot of things right now.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i've now RE-jailbroken it and it's working faster, though slightly slow(it always was) but, when i jailbroke it this time i got this error:

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/3550/img0001g.png

and that showed up before when it started to run very slowly.
  4. locofocos

locofocos New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey, mine is pretty slow, like when searching through packages. I never tried to install rock, but I downloaded an NES emulator I think. It also gave me an Icon with Rock

Please Register or Log in to view images

I didn't open the rock icon, but upon starting the NES emulator, it started rock for whatever reason. The programs have been deleted, but is there some lasting effect?
  5. dragoonwhisper

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    far as i know that shouldn't have happened though i may be wrong. there shouldn't be any after effects but i'd suggest creating your own Thread and get some other people to respond. maybe they can help more-so.
  6. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    nes emulator needs rock extenstions thats why.

btw bad image
  7. dragoonwhisper

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  8. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My Cydia was slow since I last jailbroke 3 weeks ago on 3.1.3. If I compare it with my friend's iPod's Cydia, on 3.0, his loads and reloads data way faster than mine.
  9. dragoonwhisper

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes but this doesn't help me. considering it worked fast at first.i'd really rather not have to downgrade.
  10. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think it would work better if you downgraded to 3.1.2. That's just my opinion.