Cydia randomly closing? Please help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ohlin5, Jan 22, 2010.

1. ohlin5

ohlin5 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok So i just jb two ipod touches. They both work great except for one thing. Whenever cydia is opened on either of them it downloads and reloads fine, but at completely random times (usually when we open an app to look at) it will simply close back to the springboard. We can open it again at that point and even go back to that same app and it will work the second time, but it is just a big pain. The second gen ipod does it less than the first gen one, but they both do it anywhere from 4 or 5 to 8 or 9 times every hour or so... I have read about ssh'ing and deleting files but most of those are for when cydia won't even open at all. I would really like to get this sorted out because cydia works fine when it does work but it's a pain when it keeps crashing! Thanks! -ohlin5
  2. Smithy

Smithy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I know this doesn't help but I have the same problem sometimes I'm afraid.
  3. ohlin5

ohlin5 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok well I'll tell you what apps i've installed and you tell me if yoy have any of the same ones. Maybe one of them is the problem... I have winterboard, sbsettings, overboard, mxtube, and make it mine. Any of those that you also have?
  4. C0C0

C0C0 Well-Known Member

I have the same problem sometimes and I think it's due to low memory. You could use SBSettings to get the memory on the statusbar and see it this is the problem.