Cydia problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ulysses_609, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Ulysses_609

Ulysses_609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I have a 3GS and cydia was working fine for me then one day it didnt want to open it would open and crash and it stayed like that. So I thought restoring and rejailbreaking would solve the problem. So I restored it to 3.0.1 and jailbroke it using redsn0w and still cydia would crash? could this be because I have the newest version of iTunes? Or what could it be??
  2. anniex423

anniex423 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Could be an app causing the mess up. Is there anything you downloaded prior to the restoring that you downloaded again this time around such as a game, or some other sort of app? If not then explain how far does Cydia load before it crashes (i.e. when the loading text shows up or immediately after opening)
  3. Ulysses_609

Ulysses_609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I didnt install anything thats what makes it so weird? It stays open for about 1 or 2 seconds then crashes nothing loads up no text or anything like that
  4. Dunkin

Dunkin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    just started happening to me just now :s
  5. Dabone

Dabone Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This has happened to a lot of people's iPod/iphones. Well the same problem happened to me. I forgot the code to enter in terminal, but search around for a solution.
  6. Ulysses_609

Ulysses_609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Ok I solved the problem with cydia crashing right after opening it. The problem is the newest version of iTunes. Like the Dev-Team said STAY AWAY FROM ITUNES 8.2.1 STAY ON ITUNES 8.2. As soon as I downgraded iTunes and re jailbroke it worked. Cydia no longer crashes

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What?

Whatever you did has nothing to do with the version of iTunes that youre running.
  8. Ulysses_609

Ulysses_609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    im guessing it does because I restored my 3GS 3 times and re jailbroke all 3 times and I was running iTunes 8.2.1 and no matter what I did cydia refused to open. And as soon as I downgraded iTunes, restored again and jailbroke, now cydia works with no problems.
  9. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So whatever the problem was, youre all set right now, right?
  10. Ulysses_609

Ulysses_609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yea I'm good to go now. I'm 100% sure it was iTunes that messed everything else up though. Cause the dev team said that the new version of iTunes complicates the jailbreak for the 3GS so maybe this is what happens with 3GS+iTunes 8.2.1?