cydia problem

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by mcshiemenhieger1, Jul 21, 2009.

1. mcshiemenhieger1

mcshiemenhieger1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i am running 3.0 firmware and cydia keeps crashing right when i open it up but i no the solution to this problem is to delete some files via ssh the only problem is i dont have ssh from cydia so is there any other way to get open ssh other than cydia and i dont have icy or installer either.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I personally do not know what the procedure to fix the problem is, luckily you do. However, there is a program called DiskAid (Win/Mac), which allows you to access your iPod's filesystem via USB.
  3. mcshiemenhieger1

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes but to get that program to work i need to get a program from cydia called openssh but i cant because cydia keeps crashing so i cant fix it.
  4. Axis

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    DiskAid uses USB, SSH is not required...

EDIT: DiskAid is a program for your computer, used to access your ipod's filesystem.
  5. mcshiemenhieger1

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i looked at that and it would do me no good because it doesnt let u access the root folder so u cant fix anything that has to deal with jailbreaking such as fixing cydia
  6. UntouchableiPod

UntouchableiPod New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have ssh disabled and diskaid still works for me. i try uninstalling ssh then try again but im pretty sure if ur jailbroken then you don't need ssh to use that

EDIT: yeah i uninstalled openssh and resprung then connected it to disk aid and it worked. when using diskaid make sure u switch the drop down from diskaid folder to root folder

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Axis

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    DiskAid allows you to access the root folder if your device is jailbroken, which it is.