Cydia Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Spyda, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Spyda

Spyda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Somethings messed up with my Cydia. When I try refreshing the sources or whatever its called on the changes screen, no new apps come up. My latest changes are on like Decenber 22nd or something. I even tried reinstalling Cydia. Anyone know whats causing this? I can make a video if this doesnt make any sense.
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Is it possible that there have just been no major changes because all the devs have been enjoying christmas?
  3. Spyda

Spyda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ossible but i doubt it. This isnt the first time its happened. Like it would go a week without being able to update, then there would be like maybe 50 changes one day. Im sure its not updating cause there would be at least a new theme or something. Plus, I've heard of a few new apps that have been released and don't show up for me.
  4. giannaros

giannaros New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Same happens to me all you have to do is hit the "refresh" button on the "Changes' tab.
  5. ilena

ilena New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had the problem that my last changes were on Dec 2 2009

Please Register or Log in to view images

so that entry always came first in the Changes tab. Somehow my date settings were messed up and all new changes were listed lower in the list.
    I had to manually edit the file metadata.plist under /private/var/lib/cydia/ and replace the wrong dates.
  6. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm having problems with Cydia too... I'm having to use the 'refresh' button on the Changes page to get updates and also Cydia is crashing back to the Springboard while its updating. Tried reinstalling Cydia, used apt-get commands to remove, reinstall, clean and refresh and I'm now about to go and delete all the repos and start again... I haven't the foggiest clue whats wrong

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Spyda

Spyda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That has worked for me in the past, but not this time for some reason. I'm abot to try ilenas suggestion. Ill post back saying if it worked or not.

EDIT: Ok, wow i have no clue what to edit in that file.. help?
  8. ilena

ilena New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My date was set on Dec 2 2009, so some of the changes in the file had the date 2009-12-02. I replaced every 2009-12-02 with 2009-01-02.
  9. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

well I altered dates and yeh it never worked, I resorted back to original plist file now and I guess I will just have to keep doing the refresh after opening
  10. Spyda

Spyda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    YES! We have success! Thanks a lot.