Cydia Problem "Who are U"?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Nystrom jr, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Nystrom jr

Nystrom jr New Member

Cydia Problem "Who are U"? WORK NOW

Okey here is the thing yesterday i PWNed my ipod touch and have both Cydia and instaler

I have instaled the comunity source from instellaer and its f*** upp yust hang up and pops back to menu?!?

And the realy big problem when cydia whants me to choice

"Who are you?"
    Then i choice User "graphical only" and its pops back to menu same if i choice hacker ore developer?

UPDATE now im restored and have make my own ispw version 2.1 WORKS GREAT both installer and cydia but when im installing with cydia and instaler the thing i installed dont show up on springboard

NOW ITS WORK I DONT KNOW HOW BUT YEY
  2. Xandu

Xandu New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Judging by your post I suggest you choose Graphical..
  3. Nystrom jr

Nystrom jr New Member

Did u even read whole message? icant chose anything i pop back to menu and when i press cyda sam thing again?
  4. Xandu

Xandu New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Make sure you have the permissions correctly to 755, otherwise restore.
  5. TechGeek6

TechGeek6 New Member

I Hope This Helps

This is a tough one

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Same thing happens if you press manage at the bottom and click settings but it goes away after one press of your preferred coice. But i hav never heard of UR situation. Here is a tut that should help U:

1. Try clicking on developer untill it goes away. If it does go all the way 2 bottom.

2. If it doesent, press the home button once. Wait 30 seconds. If springboard springs up go to step 5. if cydia stays the same, step 3.

3.If Cydia doesnt go away, it is frozen. press the home button a few times. then the sleep button a few times. (NOT TOGETHER AT THE SAME TIME this could put you at the mercy of the [pine]apple logo of death screen) Then give it a minute or two and UR iPod should be in sleep mode. If it wakes up after you press a button, and it goes to the springboard normaly, go to step 5. If not step 4.

4. try pressing buttons again and if it still doesent wake up, press the home and wake/sleep buttons together 4 about 5-10 seconds untill the [pine]apple logo comes up. Give it two minutes. Go downstairs and get a soda while ur at it. If the logo does disappear up soon, ur screwed. If the screen turns off and you press a button and the normal springboard comes up, go to next step. Again, if it does not go away, Your iPod is at the [pine]apple logo of death (aka. paralyzed screen) Refer to this forum to get urself unscrewed: (Now Stickied:[DUMMIES GUIDE] How To Fix An iPhod Stuck On Boot Logo W/O Restoring) After/If you get to the springboard go to the next step.

5. Touch the Cydia icon. It should come up either:
    A. Not Asking You Anything And Starting Normally​
    B. Asking Who R U? Click Devoleper And It will go away​
    C. Asking Who R U? Click Devoleper And It will NOT go away​
    If A. YAY
    If B. YAY
    If C. SH*T
    If A or B, Go to end of tut.
    If C. Go 2 #6.

6. You have to Restore. If you REALLY DONT WANT 2, I can e-mail/post a tutorial telling U how to change permissions of Cydia. Although i am not shure if that will help.

Congrats if this works

, Sorry if it doesent

. PLEASE read this tut all the way, it took me an hour to make this from my brain goo.
    That was a hell of a tutorial.
    UR Welcome in advance

PS: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANYTHING HAPPENS 2 UR iPOD

-TG6
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    [OFF TOPIC]
    PS: I am going 2 start making video reviews/tutorials of apps 4 iPhod Touch soon on my website and on my channel at Youtube/Metacafe within the next few days

If my tut works, i might include it!
  6. cky93

cky93 New Member

you could simply wait for a cydia update...in the meanwhile jst use installer...updates for cydia seem to come round quite often
  7. TechGeek6

TechGeek6 New Member

Installer crrrrrrraaaaaaaaassssssssshhhhhhhhheeeeeessssss eehuuum sorry
    crashes a lot with the new update.
  8. Nystrom jr

Nystrom jr New Member

now i made a new costum .ispw and restored my ipod touch again now i can open instalera when not conected to internet and cant open cydia at all!

PS i now se itunes cant recognize my ipod so i will try restore AGAIN =(
    UPDATE now im restored and have make my own ispw version 2.1 WORKS GREAT both installer and cydia

but when im installing with cydia and instaler the thing i installed dont show up on springboard