iOS 3.1 Cydia packages not showing in manage > packages.Help.!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iTwenty, May 5, 2010.

1. iTwenty

iTwenty New Member

I transferred openSSL and openSSH to my Touch using Cyder, as I don't have access to a Wi-Fi network.The .deb packages show up in my Touch at location /private/var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall.The problem is, they don't show up in manage > packages option in Cydia.So, I am unable to install these apps.Any help.?

EDIT: Whoops.! My apologies for creating the thread in wrong section.Realised only after creating it.Mods kindly do the needful.
  2. iTwenty

iTwenty New Member

BUMP!

Help please.!
    I have put the deb files in Cydia AutoInstall folder [can see the debs on my Touch using iFunBox], restarted and respringed my phone many by now.And yet the packages don't show up at all in Cydia.
    I am at my wit's end here.Without Cydia apps jailbreak is kinda useless for me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    reboot. Open up Cydia, go to manage, then close Cydia. Reboot. That's the only way I was ever able to do the AutoInstall trick.
  4. ClusterShart

ClusterShart New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Find some public Wi-Fi, and use Cydia there, it is easier than this long chain of actions.
  5. iTwenty

iTwenty New Member

Found an excellent tool to install Cydia apps in iPhone from your PC called iPhone PC Suite.Installing apps is not a problem now, but removing them is.Any idea on how to remove Cydia apps without Wifi.?The nearest public Wifi zone is atleast 10 kms from my home.I don't fancy going there too often....
  6. shamrock

shamrock Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    reinstall cydia. use the cydia.deb attached and install with ifile or terminal. then let cydia update itself, and it should be all good. your sources won't be deleted. If cydia doesn't show up after the installation just reboot/respring a couple of times. good luck

Please Register or Log in to view images

That's how I fixed my cydia problems.

Attached Files:

7. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Repeatedly reboot is how I fixed it