Cydia or ROCK not downloading, please help!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chaoscreater, Apr 6, 2010.

1. chaoscreater

chaoscreater New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi, so i just got my very first ipod touch 8GB 3rd Gen yesterday, i have downgraded it from 3.1.3 3rd Gen firmware to a 3.1.2 2nd Gen firmware, and installed blackra1n and it all went well. I'm now trying to download Cydia or ROCK but it doesn't seem to download at all, i kept getting this message:

My Wifi works fine though, i can load pages perfectly fine and i even installed the SpeedTest.net app and did the test, and i get fairly good speed as well, but i can't seem to download either Cydia or ROCK at all....

please help me with this!

Also, i'm VERY new to the ipod touch, it's my very first Apple product in fact, so i might not know some technical terms etc, so please guide me on. Oh and what do these mean or do?

i've watched a few Youtube vids about installing sources or repositories to get paid apps in Cydia for free, or to get cracked apps, but what are those for though? Are they packages that contain links to certain downloads or something??
  2. Fike

Fike Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sources and repositories are places that stre apps. Getting paid apps for free (aka "cracked" apps) is illegal, and against the forum rules to talk about, so I'd advise you edit that part out of your post before you get a warning or infraction.

Try installing Cydia first, if not last. Rock is a piece of crap. Fast, but unreliable. Install cydia only is the way to go for you.

People have had a lot of issues installing rock and cydia together with blackra1n, so just install cydia for now.
  3. chaoscreater

chaoscreater New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok sorry about that, i forgot this isn't the type of forum to talk about cracked apps. But i mean, isn't what jailbreaking is all about? We all know the benefits of jailbreaking, it's pretty much made for the point of this isn't it??

Anyway i tried installing Cydia by itself, same error shows up. Same thing with Rock. I found another topic on this forum that somebody had the exact same problem as me, but no solutions it seems.
  4. Blade19

Blade19 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    jailbreaking is not all about it basically jailbreaking is for winterboard, backgrounder, SBsettings and all its themes cracked apps are illegal so stop talking about them