iOS 4.0 Cydia on 4.0 2G iPod touch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by cbren, Apr 18, 2010.

1. cbren

cbren Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  2. Richard101

Richard101 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok i dont really see any proof in this post sure it says iPod2,1, iPhoneOS 4.0 but cant thoughs strings be changed with the iPodVersion.plist file in CoreServices? i think we should just have a little more proof maybe more pictures or a tool to install this on old bootrom iPod 2G. that way apple cant find out the new exploit.
  3. bigjimmy

bigjimmy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ^^ Musclenerd said that they used the same exploit in Redsn0w .9.5 that they've been using since 2.x

im assuming that they could do the same thing with the ipod2g since it has a bootrom exploit

could be wrong.
  4. cbren

cbren Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Doubt it is fake, since iH8sn0w posted it. Idk.
  5. Son geta1

Son geta1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    iH8sn0w is a faker, even his UDID free installation worked not for me. (took my about 3 hours to change that f*cking plist - and then it works not ~.~)
  6. MrDodi

MrDodi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ih8snow is not a faker, he did some good jobs.
  7. ownerofspam

ownerofspam Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It WORKS, but you can't just change the p-list. In the IRC he was talking about how he shouldn't have posted that and regrets it.

Basically, editing that p-list DOES work, but then you have to treat the firmware like a jailbroken one you would make with quickpwn. You edit the P-list, then you have to code for the ARM, iBoot, ect to all work without being verified the 'correct' way by apple. So changing the p-list does work, but compared to the amount of work you have to do to get it to work, it wasn't worth it.

And the RedSn0w was also talked about in IRC how iPod 2g COULD run the 4.0 beta, but out of fear of the p-list editing and piracy, which we all know musclenerd and ih8snow despise, they decided one device was all that rock\cydia devolopers needed.
  8. brsniteshade

brsniteshade New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    discusing that is againts rules http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284812<<<<see there
  9. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Bump for no good reason whatsoever? If he hasn't be diseplaned for it yet, he wasn't going to be.

And iH8sn0w changed his mind about the whole thing.. Last night, I think, he posted the keys for the iPhone 3G. But seriously guys, I'm not endorsing piracy, not telling you how or that you should. And I'm not aiding in this period. Leave me out of it..
  10. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    The keys are always posted for convenience of the other devs mostly. They're usually posted as soon as they're discovered.