Cydia not working?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Blurry, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Blurry

Blurry New Member

Alright its like i've JUST jailbroken my ipod touch 2.2 firmware with quickpwn and i've got installer and cydia in it.

So I decided to test them out. I tried installer first and installed this pool game. Works fine. Seeing that Installer had very little apps avaliable, I opened cydia and downloaded some stuff like Customize, Winterboard, OpenSSH and Bosstool.

When I returned to my springboard, I only see Bosstool there and of course my previous downloaded Pool game. I'm wondering why my other downloads arent appearing. Or are they just hidden somewhere?

Sorry extremely new to this. and yes, i've tried searching but none helped. Thanks in advance to whoever that can help me out.
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Did you reset? Something didn't respring or refresh the SpringBoard cache there which shows what programs are installed. Have you tried installing a free app via App Store, perhaps? That should force a cache reload.
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    OpenSSH won't show up. You need to do a hard restart for the others to show. Uninstall Customize asap and don't mess with it, just use Winterboard. If you don't see them go back to Cydia and reinstall.

4. Blurry

Blurry New Member

Thanks for the quick replies! Alright I'll try again some other time since my house doesn't have wireless. I was in my cousin's house. Oh since i'm on this topic, is there a way to download apps into my ipod WITHOUT wireless? or do I need to download OpenSSH or WinSCP first?

EDIT : ignore what I just said about the manual way of downloading apps. Just found it in the forums. Haha. Will post my results with the apps downloaded through Cydia again soon.
  5. Blurry

Blurry New Member

Alright, so i've tried to download Winterboard again through Cydia. What happened was after I tapped on Confirm install for winterboard, it brings me to a black screen where it downloads. When its done, it says restart your springboard or something like that. Yea thats all normal. But after i restarted, there's no Winterboard there. I've tried hard reset and all.

However I manage to download some other stuff of Cydia like Pocket Touch and OpenSSH. I'm just wondering why Winterboard isn't working. Any ideas?
  6. Bballa786

Bballa786 New Member

I think its supposed to say return to cydia, if it says restart springboard, i think tht means the download didnt work??? well atleast thts my experience..
  7. Blurry

Blurry New Member

Any ideas on how to make the download work?
  8. mehmehmeh

mehmehmeh Banned

i would reinstal respring and laugh
  9. super fly

super fly New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Install a theme. I don't remember ever installing winterboard, just themes then winterboard just showed up.