cydia no longer updating

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by stuckonashelf, Oct 3, 2008.

1. stuckonashelf

stuckonashelf New Member

Hello,

the last time cydia updated was september 30. Since then it says updating database but never says anything about downloading packages. Any ideas? Unfortunately I dont have mobile terminal installed.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Why don't you just install mobile terminal then? You can run an apt-get update command after that.
  3. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

load up cydia, then click on manage, packages, then look cydia installer and click on it, my version says 1.0.2595-36 I must of had an update around the same time as you stuckonashelf

I have noticed cydia updates have become few and far apart, maybe the team behind cydia realise there isn't much to do with cydia so there are not so many updates anymore.

I click on changes each time I run cydia after a update and it shows new items with the current date an time of me viewing changes
  4. stuckonashelf

stuckonashelf New Member

i have the same version 1.0 2595-36. Have there been no updates to any repository since Sept 30th? I find that hard to believe.
    ------------------double post merged------------------

it told me E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (13 permission denied)
    E: unable to lock the list directory
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok i got it. i forgot to su root first. so it shows updates now on cydia. am I going to have to do it that way from now on?
  5. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Shouldn't have to. You can always uninstall and reinstall Cydia itself through Mobileterminal. That should clear up any issues. There are detailed instructions in a thread on how to do this. Just search for it and good luck.
  6. mtndew9191

mtndew9191 New Member

yea im having the same issue with it not updating, and again i find it hard to believe that there have been no updates since sept 30th

I reinstalled cydia with mobile terminal and it didn't change anything :/