Cydia messed up my folders

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Joeicam, May 6, 2008.

1. Joeicam

Joeicam New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I first noticed this when I was trying to install vWallpaper. I was looking for the application so I could add new videos to it and it was no where to be found. After a few minutes of looking I found them in private/var/stash/Applications.2ixw4k instead of being in private/var/Applications. So what exactly did Cydia do? Did it just add some new folders and change the place where my applications save? If it did, Is there a way to make it go back to normal? I really don't want to restore it right now because I have alot of applications and music on it. Should I just manually move the applications back into the normal place? I'm not sure what i should do. Do you know? Thanks
  2. Ezra

Ezra Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Its fine...

leave it.
  3. Joeicam

Joeicam New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If I thought it was fine, would i be posting something? So be quiet if you don't have any helpful information. Does anyone know what I should do?
  4. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ezra is right. That's the intended behavior of Cydia. Don't mess with it if you don't know EXACTLY what you're doing. Cydia changes some files to show the apps where it moved them (in the stash folder). Just leave them there, as long as you have a symbolic link from /Applications.
  5. Ezra

Ezra Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Listen. You not some sort of "12 year old hacker"...

Cydia knows what its doing, you don't.

I agree with you though, "If I thought it was fine, would i be posting something?. I honestly don't know.

There are no need for useless posts.
  6. Joeicam

Joeicam New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Honestly... did you even read my first post or the questions i had? And what does "You not some sort of 12 year old hacker" supposed to mean? Stop being such a jackass. I was just wondering if I could fix the folders or not to make them go back to the way it was before I installed Cydia.