Cydia-Lost

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by annoyed2, Jul 22, 2008.

1. annoyed2

annoyed2 New Member

Tried to update Cydia as prompted to do. Process started but then hung. Left it for about four hours but process bar did not move. Shut down, then restarted. Cydia then showed 3 more updates. Attempted to add but it then said, that some packages had previously only partially been installed, and they needed to be removed as they could cause problems, so went ahead with that. BUT it removed Cydia completely!

How do I reinstall Cydia? Do I have to do a fresh reinstall from the beginning with pwnage or can I get Cydia. Have been to #iPhone/irc.saurik.com/ (no session) and his website but no reference to how to do this. Any idea? Thanks ;-)
  2. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    email saurik?
  3. annoyed2

annoyed2 New Member

Thanks. On his site, he said to do that as the last resort. I thought there might be an easy way to get Cydia back without bothering him.....I figured he must be busy. I will try him........ Thanks again.
  4. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    try SSHing it in maybe?
  5. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    hes wondering where to get it
  6. annoyed2

annoyed2 New Member

Did try with CyberDuck as usual, but failed, so figured all packages had been removed. Have email Saurik......will see what he has to say. Thanks.