Cydia Issue,

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by fernbrook, Feb 27, 2010.

1. fernbrook

fernbrook New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I accidentally typed the link wrong when I went to add a source to Cydia, and now I get this error:

Please Register or Log in to view images

How do I get rid of it? It comes up every time I open Cydia, and I can't delete it because it's not a real source.

Might be related, but ever since that happened, whenever I plug in my iPod I get this:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks for any help.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Nevermind. I just started from scratch.

Close the thread, please.
  2. EcuACraZy101296

EcuACraZy101296 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try opening up /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list and manually removing the lines with sources that you are unsure are correctly. Then go to /var/lib/apt/lists/ and delete every file that is related to the sources that you deleted from cydia.list. Then go into /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/ and delete all the files from there that are related as well.

You will need to transfer this file to your PC or MAC, /private/var/lib/cydia/metadata.plist.

Open it up, you will need a plist editor, Google Search (windows) or Google Search (mac). Open up the file and search for the URL of the invalid source. Delete the following lines for every time you see an instance of the URL showing up. They will look like this

Quote:
    <key>URL OF INVALID SOURCE</key>
    <dict>
    <key>FirstSeen</key>
    <date>2010-02-20T01:20:34Z</date>
    <key>LastVersion</key>
    <string>1.0</string>
    </dict>

After you delete them all, save the file and transfer back and respring. It should work perfectly.

I did this and it fixed my errors... but then i had to add a wrong source again ...