Cydia is not the probelm cydia is GOOD

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Wesche, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Wesche

Wesche New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Cyida is better than installer, it is more stable and faster. You ppl keep saying it sux couse you cant add sources, well yes you can via SFTP. Think about it, if installer came out what sources would you add...... there are no sources for 2.0 (yet)
  2. gamekaiser

gamekaiser Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. You can add sources now. Get with the picture.
    2. Most people hate it cuz it almost always makes you restore, not because you werent able to add sources.
  3. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    rofl we don't mind no sources it's the swod and boot screen problem bud had to restore 8 times in 4 days
  4. 101gfx

101gfx New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You can add sources via cydia now

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Define "almost always". I've jailbroken 2 iPhones and an iPod touch without any issues. No spinning wheel of death, install of apps through Cydia 100% fine. Maybe you're the problem?
  6. gamekaiser

gamekaiser Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay I should of clarified that more. Most of the people on this site hate it because of that reason, not everyone.
  7. AnalogMan

AnalogMan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I hear a lot about this spinning wheel stuff... I jailbroke my iPod on a Mac, and have never experienced this and I have a ton of things installed from Cydia. When Installer comes out I'm keeping Cydia anyway, and will only use Installer for the things I can't get on Cydia (and if it comes out on Cydia I'll uninstall it and reinstall it through Cydia). Just wish I knew about Cydia in the 1.x.x days.
  8. Daedalus

Daedalus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Fix'd.
  9. gamekaiser

gamekaiser Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah not because you cant add sources.
  10. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

You're banging your head against the wall with these n00bs. No one seems to understand the benefit of using APT considering it's been around for more than a decade and it's OPEN SOURCE but instead want some closed-source propriety "Installer" app because it was the first one they saw on their iPod / iPhone when they first jailbroke it. Cydia is an actual package manager that is based on Debian's APT packaging solution. It's a proven technology that's been used in Unix / Linux distributions for years.