Cydia & Icy Major Malfunctions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TweakMan, Jul 4, 2009.

1. TweakMan

TweakMan New Member

I'm running an iPhone 2G, with 3.0 Firmware. It has been Jailbroken using RedSnow, w/Cydia & Icy Installed, as well as Unlocked. The jailbreak and unlock process goes smooth everytime I have tried, and retried it, trying to solve this issue. But, after the process is complete, thats where the trouble begins.

After jailbroken and unlocked, I am able to see Cydia & Icy. I can go into Cydia, and Icy both, and open them without issue. However, when either try to update, the entire device locks up. I end up having to do a full reset on the device each time. After it reboots, the device gets stuck at the apple logo.

This has happened 11 times now. I have tried 5 different firmware downloads, and I have downloaded Redsnow, and the bootloaders, 7 times now, from two PC's, to make sure that the problem isn't with a download or my pc. When the device is unlocked, and jailbroken, I can use it perfectly. It will run any app from the appstore, do what it should. Until I go in2 cydia or icy, and as soon as it updates, it locks up again.

The device works fine, without issue, even when Icy and Cydia are installed, as long as I do not go into them. So, I guess I am just trying to find out what the issue could be? I thought that it may be an issue with the device itself, but it seems like that would be a constant, and not just with cydia and icy when there updating. Thanks in advance guys.
  2. Ulysses_609

Ulysses_609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    This is happening because you cant have both cydia and icy running side by side. Either you have one or the other but NOT both. you cant have both on the same device because they conflict with each other. Restore then jailbreak but only put cydia on there. or Icy if you want. But NOT both
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Exactly what he ^ said.
  4. Kid Dynomite

Kid Dynomite New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you really want icy that bad just rejailbreak with only cydia checked then add

"apt.ridev.com" without the quotes to install icy
  5. pjazzy

pjazzy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I've got both running without problems. I did install Icy afterwards. Initially I couldn't use any themes, they just wouldn't apply. Then, a couple of days ago, I noticed Cydia had an update which I ran. After that everything works fine

Please Register or Log in to view images