cydia i guess crashing

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by hyperstalker, Jul 20, 2009.

1. hyperstalker

hyperstalker Member

Device:
    HTC One
    ok so i was going through adding things to my queue i had about 10 or more things including sbssettings and winterboard and a few themes in the middle of the download it stopped and crashed i opened a regular app and went back to home screen and a few of the apps i had downloaded where there but when i tried opening cydia it would just go to a kinda black screen sit there for a while and then close out. i tried restarting and nothing. any help?
  2. Universal Denizen

Universal Denizen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  3. hyperstalker

hyperstalker Member

Device:
    HTC One
    nope read alot of threads you've posted on lol. i have no way of accessing my filesystem atleast i dont think i can. i used the guide that is at the top of this sub forum for firmware 3.0
  4. Universal Denizen

Universal Denizen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Of course, you can. It's all there in the posts & there are tutorials on this site as well. Ok, google i-funbox. Download it. Connect to your iPod touch via USB. You'll then be able to view your iPod's file system.
  5. hyperstalker

hyperstalker Member

Device:
    HTC One
    ok thank ive been trying to find a file system browser since iphone browser wasent working
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i delete all numbered files right?
    thank you it fixed it.
  6. Universal Denizen

Universal Denizen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try this:

var / lib / apt / lists ---> Delete all files (except the "partial" folder)

&

/var/lib/dpkg/updates --> Delete all the numbered files. 0000,0001,0002 etc.
    You're welcome

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Utzz

Utzz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've noticed Cydia 'crash' (just shutting down and going back to the home screen) when I lack decent WiFi reception. Showing the WiFi strength as a number, instead of the bars, sort of backs me up on that conclusion. In areas where I'm in the <-50 range, Cydia will 'crash' or come up with errors and ask me to reload. Above -40 and it's smooth as butter. It seems that a 'full' WiFi indicator bar has quite a large range...as in...it could be showing 3 full bars, switch to numeric view and I'm in -50's.

Just something to chew on...
  8. d.wig

d.wig New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You should explain how to switch the display bar into numerical, you know in case someone comes along with no idea how, and instead of opening a new tab and searching, they could be like oh there it is.
  9. bergamini94

bergamini94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i went into cydia and i kept crashing for me to and i just looked and i guess his website is undergoing some problems. i wish i found that out before i deleted cydia...

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. Utzz

Utzz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sure, np.

Open up Cydia, tap "Featured Packages", scroll down to the Free Extensions category and download SBSettings. Once that's installed, you open it by swiping your finger across the top bar - where the time is. After opening SBSettings, look down left for the "More" icon and go into it. Then down bottom is "Extras & Options" - select this category. Once inside, the second option down is labelled "Numeric Wi-Fi" - turn this on. In a second or two, a numerical display of signal strength (usually negative so far as I've seen and sitting next to my router, it's at about -30) will pop up replacing the bar indicator.

That's it. 8)