Cydia home page problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Slantingyeti, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Slantingyeti

Slantingyeti New Member

I need some help, I recently got this new Bell 2wire modem/wireless router and it's been giving me some connection issues.

One problem I encountered that freaked me out was that when I was using my the modem's wireless routing to connect my Ipod to the internet, everytime I went on Cydia the Home page was this welcome/get started with your new bell wireless connection page. The router actually replaced the cydia page with the setup page.

Now I need to know how to sort of... like dumb down my router so I won't have to go through like firewalls and like application enabling and disabling. I'm not very good with routers although I learned a thing or two because of all the problems i've been getting with the new modem.

Any tips on how to get rid of the Cydia home page problem or maybe even a small tutorial you guys know on how to like setup a router so it doesn't interfere with stupidities like this and just connects me to the internet?
  2. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Did you configure your router before browsing?
  3. Slantingyeti

Slantingyeti New Member

Well I'm not entirely sure what the problem is, see this application enabling thing it says to choose a computer to host the applications and I don't really know what that does so it might've been that my router was hosting the applications or I don't know
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

... your router was 'hosting the applications'? I think it's more that you have MAC address filtering on, or haven't given your iPod an IP address to browse with. Can you get online with Safari through the iPod? Or can your PC get online through that router, or are you using someone else's wireless connection right now? It's a stupid question, but we may as well ask it just to make sure you DO have working Internet.
  5. Slantingyeti

Slantingyeti New Member

yes i do have wireless internet working on everything even safari but the page came up on cydia for some reason and how would i give my ipod an ip address. By that u mean a static ip right?