Cydia Help Please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anniex423, Jun 16, 2009.

1. anniex423

anniex423 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So I usually fix everything on my friend's iPhone 3G and I've come across a problem I've never had to deal with before. Usually when I have an incomplete download I just restart and it will be fine. I go into Package Manager in Cydia and uninstall it. On her phone however, I can't seem to access Cydia at all. I have no idea where the packages are stored in the phone through SSH. I have also tried using Cyder to find my way around but can't seem to figure out where to begin. She installed the Ubuntu Ibex theme, well tried to, it didn't complete and now her Cydia won't start. It just crashes right before the "Loading" shows up. It crashes right back onto the springboard, it doesn't restart the phone or anything.

So, I need help on either how to find this theme through SSH and delete it, or through Cyder. In SSH, I know that simply going to private/var/stash/themes to access the themes and deleting them does not mean they are uninstalled through Cydia. Even though I tried it for the hell of it, it didn't work as expected. So, basically going to the themes folder is not going to work. I want to avoid deleting Winterboard altogether because then all her themes would be gone and there's a lot of things she had going on in there that I don't want to touch. I also want to avoid deleting sources too for the same reason. So if there is a way around that (preferrably SSH or Cyder) that would be great if someone could help me out. Thanks in advance.

Oh btw, if having to delete WB or sources is the only way, that's fine (just not preferable) but can someone tell me how to access that through SSH? Thanks again.
  2. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try to reboot it and open cydia
  3. anniex423

anniex423 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Already did. I asked for help on how to access/modify Cydia files through SSH or Cyder. Hard/soft reboot, resets, all you can do without SSH I can and have done already. I am waiting for the release of ultrasn0w to update to 3.0 and reJB but for the meantime I was hoping someone would know how to do what I was requesting. I guess it's looking pretty bleak.