cydia freezes when i click on a source

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by gh0stest, Aug 23, 2009.

1. gh0stest

gh0stest New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Every time i go to sources and click on one it freezes up and I have to turn the ipod off and back on. is there a way to delete all sources? or fix this
  2. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I think there is nothing at all, in Cydia, without Sources.

I think even Cydia relies on having a Source in Sources.

When I get a freeze, or a crash, while in Cydia I just figure there is a lot of demand and Cydia is a little overloaded, a server-side problem or like that if it doesn't happen a different time of day, or every day.

I know I don't just download what I heard is good stuff. I browse in the Changes section, looking a new stuff.

If it isn't every time and day after day, I wouldn't worry about it.

If more than that, there are already helpful threads for solving the problem. I can't easily Search in my Touch like I can on my laptop. I open multiple windows, scanning thru pages of threads. I wish I had a better answer.

If you do not find a satisfactory answer, check back tomorrow. I will check back.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Here is the thread link that helped me.

I used this method:

If windows, in iFunBox go to /var/lib/dpkg/updates and delete all the numbered ones. 0000,0001,0002 etc. after that cydia will reload and everything is fine. well for me it did.

This method is also recommended:

Backup the folder first, by copying to PC, for example, to the Desktop.

In var / lib / apt / lists and delete all the files in there. (except the "partial" folder).

Not to worry though, once you delete these and load Cydia up successfully the sources will refresh and you will still have your previous state.

If you use SSH,

/var/lib/dpkg/updates/0000

delete everything in there besides file tmp.i

If you have terminal on your iphone you must login first
    type; login
    then for username; root
    then for password; alpine
    then; rm /var/lib/dpkg/updates/0000

Use iFile, if you are already familiar with iPhone/Touch file structure.

I guess, if Cydia has a bad-crash involving a corrupted Source file, it is necessary to do one method or the other.
  3. Jokimo

Jokimo Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My cydia do the exact same thing, but i guess my problem is just because my ipod is so slow! If i put it down for 2-5 minuts, it does go on

Please Register or Log in to view images