Cydia errors everytime I try to install an app

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Ethiopian, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Ethiopian

Ethiopian New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hey guys, is anyone else getting errors like this one -

"Error: Prepare Archives

The package index files are corrupted. No Filename: field for package com.bigboss.poof."

This happens everytime I try to install ANYTHING from cydia, even if it's not from bigboss. Cydia was working fine last night and I plugged my ipod in to sync while I slept. When I woke up this morning my ipod's screen was on springboard and fully lit (which is strange because it usually doesn't do that after a sync. It's usually the battery symbol (but now that I think about it, I did have my settings for it not to lock (because of ssh))), and now when i go into cydia every single package I try to install gives me this error.

Also, yes I rebooted, resprung, changed package details, and tried cydia in safe mode. At first I thought safe mode was working, but after a little bit it gave me the "size mismatch" error and didn't install.

Cydia also is occasionally crashing.

Is cydia just down or is something just happening to me? Thanks in advance
  2. rrroach

rrroach Well-Known Member

Install Rock and see if it works properly.

Nevermind; I'm retarded.

Try re-jailbreaking?
  3. Ethiopian

Ethiopian New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    :\

No luck. I re-jailbroke with spirit and tried to install a package and got the same error
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Wow, this is weird. I added a random source (halo4iphone or something idk, I just wanted to see if it could add sources) and now everything works just like before. I downloaded the package I wanted (which wasn't even from halo4iphone) and poof, it works!

Please Register or Log in to view images