cydia crashing

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by pointblankpb10, Aug 3, 2009.

1. pointblankpb10

pointblankpb10 New Member

i recently installed 3.0 firmware and jailbroke with redsn0w (i tried both versions 0.7.1 and 0.8) and everytime i open cydia it crashes when i click on something, the home screen says "unable to load (timed out)" and on the top of the screen it says "downloading release.gpg" then switches to something like error with cache or something like that. i cant search for anything because it crashes. so ive tried restoring and rejailbreaking like 5 times with no success, i cant ssh onto my ipod i dont think because i cant download openssh from cydia since it keeps crashing, and i dont know what to do to fix this. any help is greatly appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images

also, ive tried restoring back to 2.2.1 firmware but i get an error in the middle of restoring, so i cant switch back to my old firmware, so if you could help with this issue that would be appreciated as well.
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Did you have both Icy and Cydia checked when you jailbroke?
  3. pointblankpb10

nope just cydia was checked

and btw, i just found out how to ssh with usb so that problem is solved if i need that to make cydia work..

edit: so i just tried sshing the terminal app onto my ipod so i could do the apt-get remove cydia thing, but terminal crashes as soon as it opens...any solution to that?
  4. The Untouchable iPod

The Untouchable iPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ssh with diskaid its not free but it allows you to ssh without ssh installed and its all over usb so its lightning fast
    here http://www.digidna.net/diskaid/
  5. pointblankpb10

well i already found out how to ssh through usb with ifunbox, so thats not a problem now, i either need a way to get terminal to stop crashing or a different way to fix cydia

edit: or a way to switch back to 2.2.1 firmware.