Cydia crashing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freemini, Jul 29, 2009.

1. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I tried restoring twice. And when I launch cydia it crashes after about 30-45 seconds.Again I restored twice and re-jailbroken twice.

This is the story:
    I downloaded iNav and I thought that it was hard for me to re-arrange all my icons after I get sick of iNav. So I installed SpringBack. I backed up my homescreen and set iNav out. After setting it out I got sick of it after about 30 min. So I made a backup of iNav and unchecked iNav from WinterBoard and ran SpringBack and restored from backup. After that all was back to normal. After this I installed a leopard iNav theme. And I restored from a backup of iNav with SpringBack but forgot to make categories before. So after this my homescreen was 90% empty and full of iBlanks. I tried installing finder to run SpringBack but finder didn't work on 3.0. And Spotlight doesn't find apps that are not on my homescreen(so no Springback). After this I restored to official 3.0,re-jb,restored from iTunes backup. After the restore my homescreen was just like before(I backed up before the restore with my f****d up screen). So I restored again to 3.0,jailbreak it and restored from a backup made about 3 weeks ago. All was working until I ran Cydia. Cydia upgraded it self and after the setting up thing it crashed. I ran it again and it crashed after 30 sec. So I restored to 3.0 again and now I think I can't jailbreak again...

Sorry for this looong "story"
  2. Ipodtouch2g

Ipodtouch2g New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Just Restore with an LEGAL

Please Register or Log in to view images

version of the os 3.0. And then Jailbreak again. Everything should be correct.
  3. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    it IS LEGAL
  4. Universal Denizen

Universal Denizen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I hope you haven't run redsn0w with Icy checked. If yes, please re-jailbreak and this time do not select Icy. If this does not work, search the Cydia section for threads related to the issue. Thanks.
  5. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    it worked now. I don't know why but it worked. And Universal Denizen I didn't install icy.
  6. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well Good to hear you got it working.

Please make a post saying the thread may be deleted and that no more help is needed.
  7. Kid Dynomite

Kid Dynomite New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it could be crashing because you restored from a back up instead of starting fresh in case you have the same problem again.