cydia crashing... no apparent solution... PLAESE HELP!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by steve19137, Jun 26, 2009.

1. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

so this morning i wanted to refresh my cydia sources., so it opens with the default.png, then i get ten-fifteen seconds of the reloading data circle, then it crashes. ive tried to run it in "game mode" with swapmode, tried to respring, reboot, turn off, then turn on, safe mode, all of it. i cant get cydia to open. but when i use icy, everything is fine. i tried to reinstall cydia through icy, but there is only a remove option. anyone with a similiar problem? much help appreciated.
  2. am2pm1

am2pm1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    it just started happening to my i just jailboke my wifes ipod 2g i opened cydia downloaded winterboard an then it would open agian
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    opps sorry it woudn't open agian
  3. DNJ45

DNJ45 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Re-jailbreak. And you might want to stay away from the 3.0 jailbreak for awhile, it's giving a lot of people problems, including me.
  4. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

I'm not gong to rejailbreak because I've already done a lot of work. But is thee a way I can reinstall? Like a debian I can download or something?
  5. iferlive

iferlive New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey bro I had the same problem, here my solution: Delete the contents of the /var/lib/apt/lists folder (except for the folder called “partial”) through SSH then open cydia again and voala cydia shoul work after that.

This happen when a source data is corrupted
  6. am2pm1

am2pm1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    it works only until reloading data appears then it crashes agian
  7. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

Thank you so much! It worked perfectly. But I'm not satisfied with fixing the problem. I want to prevent it again. Any reason why the data gets corrupted?