iOS 4.0 Cydia Crashes and Safe Mode

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Gamezone, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Gamezone

Gamezone New Member

This is the first time I did a jailbreak on my iPod Touch 2G on OS 4 with JailbreakMe. I did do previous jailbreaks on previous firmwares. But I never had an issue where Cydia crashes and then I get on Safe Mode. I tried multiple things to get out of safe mode, but they never worked: Restart SpringBoard, Re-Install Cydia, Removed Installed Apps on Cydia, and other things to name a few. I also re-installed iTunes itself because I kept on getting the 3014 error every time I try to restore and nothing worked. If somehow someone knew how to get rid of the 3014 error, then I could restore which would solve my Safe Mode issue. I got the 3014 error on iTunes even before I jailbreaked my Ipod Touch 2G MC Model. I got a new sync cable if it would solve the 3014 restore error but it didn't. How do I fix the 3014 error (restore) and the Safe Mode issue?
  2. rykah

rykah Member

The best thing I can think of is to restore it using Restore mode and iTunes. Shut down your iPod and hold the home button while connecting it to your computer, until the Connect to iTunes screen comes up (USB cable pointing to iTunes).

Also, if you have any jailbroken backups, I would try a non-jailbroken one to restore from, just in case something went wrong in the jailbreaking process. Hope this helps.
  3. Numbah81

Numbah81 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Howd you exit safe mode?
  4. dannykr41

dannykr41 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    first set it to DFU mode it will work