Cydia constantly crashing.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Cam, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    For me, Cydia worked fine until a week ago, when I installed some sort of update. After that, it completely broke. Every time I press the Cydia icon, it gives the Default.png screen, and crashes.

What do I do to fix this?
  2. catsupkid

catsupkid New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had this exact same problem until about 5 minutes ago.

I would click Cydia and it would bring up a black screen with a blue bar at the top and a separate black bar at the bottom.

Google failed me mostly, but showed me two important things.
    1. Cydia has a log in /private/var/tmp/cydia.log (if you use iFile to browse,
    take away the "/private" part). This is what mine looked like.
    2. These instructions work (I just used them).

But, my problem, and the part where I'm afraid I can't help you, was that the command apt-get was not installed. I tried rebooting and respringing and re-everything a bunch. But, this last time I rebooted, somehow (I have no idea how, maybe someone else can explain this, I have Icy installed but idk how/if you can install it from there/at all) I was able to use the apt-get command and everything worked.

tl;dr Go to /var/tmp/cydia.log If it looks like this try to do this. If it works, good. If it says it can't find apt-get, find a way to get apt-get then try that second link again.

That's all I've got. Best of luck!
  3. Jim Ver

Jim Ver New Member

Have the same problem but i have no idea what the guy above me is explaining Sorry i'm just a retard..
  4. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Heres the way I fixed it if you have ssh if not then use safari and download it then if you have terminal type

dpkg -i /the directory that it downloads stuff to/name.deb

sorry i didnt use my iPod to download it so im unsure :\ but hopefully you have ssh

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I jailbroke 3.0.1, and I still have the same problem. I can't even DL SSH or anything like that.