cydia changes/updates?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by gtrplyr, Jul 28, 2008.

1. gtrplyr

gtrplyr Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    alrite i just jailbroke my ipod 2.0 for the first time today, never jailbroke any 1.1.x softwares and i want to know do i need to update those (for me) 6-10 updates it has under changes? could someone explain to me what those are?

another problem ( dont wanna make a new thread)

i downloaded my first app from cydia which was NES, but i have no idea where it is. i thought it went where all my other apps are like appstore does?
  2. piratetom95

piratetom95 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yea, u should, they update the apps that u have downloaded, and helps cydia to run smoothly. ususally there are a couple updates right after the jailbreak, just update them all.

they should be on your home screen, if not try rebooting (hold home and pwer button until screen turns black, let go)
  3. gtrplyr

gtrplyr Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    alrite i got the NES thing on my homescreen and i started downloading the updates but its stuck on "downloading apt..." and its been there for a while and i cant do anything at all like go back to the home screen or stop it. what do i do?

also i dont understand roms at all, where do i get em and how do i get em on my ipod?
  4. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Your not supposed to touch it until its finished you might have messed it up. They are updates for cydai you have to install them just be patient it relocates all your apps and free disk space so it could take a lil while
  5. pickles

pickles New Member

Well. We aren't allowed to post links about roms and such. Just google it and you'll find some great sites. After you've downloaded a rom you want. SSH into your iPod via CuteFTP Pro, WinSCP, or whatever you wanna use and put the roms in mobile/Media/ROMs/NES
  6. gtrplyr

gtrplyr Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

rawr i dont want to do the updates now its taking to long i wanna do it when im sleeping. crap. i wanna play with cydia!!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------

ya i totally understood that

Please Register or Log in to view images

ill figure it out i just need to get out of this stupid update downloader thingy
  7. pickles

pickles New Member

To be honest.. Cydia doesn't have much for 2.0. They only have like 3 games. And a couple of applications. So I wouldn't get too excited..
  8. gtrplyr

gtrplyr Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

ya i know i just never jailbroke before and i want to check it out and see how it works for when all the apps come along