iOS 4.0 cydia backed up my SHSH blobs... now what?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by viperGTS, Aug 13, 2010.

1. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    when i open up cydia, i get the "This device has SHSHs.... iOS 4.0."
    so i can automatically downgrade to 4.0 if i needed to or what? if not, what should i do?
  2. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You can downgrade to iOS 4, but you must first add a server to a host file before doing so.
  3. rykah

rykah Member

saurik.com/id/12

It's a little ways down, about mid-page.
  4. shamrock

shamrock Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you have to rig your itunes to make it talk to the cydia server, not the apple one. the apple one does not have your shsh's, but your cydia one has them. that way you can downgrade via cydia's shsh's
  5. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yer, what they said above, though i always use umbrella to save a local copy of my shsh just in case something happens to cydias server. Its happened to me in the past. I was stuck on 3.1.3 before spirit came out. Cydia said my shsh for 3.1.2 were stored but i was never able to retrieve them.
  6. jshames

jshames Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Just a little tip/reminder.

When you back up SHSH blobs using Tinyumbrella, it messes with Window's hosts file, and makes Itunes unable to properly communicate with Apple's update servers. I learned this when I tried to upgrade my Itouch (non-JB) to 4.0.2, after using Tinyumbrella to back up my 4.0 blobs. After several frustrating days getting the Itunes message "Itunes can't reach update servers", I finally ran across a post in one of the Apple forums. You have to delete the gs.apple.com entry from the hosts file.

Its unfortunate that the many guides on the subject don't bother mentioning this...)
  7. Shengis14

Shengis14 Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    you dont have to remove it, just put a # in front of it until you need it again