Cydia App Icons

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by TweakMan, Jul 5, 2009.

1. TweakMan

TweakMan New Member

Hey Guys & Gals. I have an iPhone 2G, which has been jailbroken & unlocked using the latest Redsnow, w/Cydia installed. I have no problems w/the Jailbreak or Unlock, and have no actual problems using Cydia.

I can update Cydia as it's supposed to be, I can download and install any app, any repository, without any trouble at all. Not on tiny hicupp, until after the apps are installed. When I install an App from Cydia or even one of Cydia's underlying applications (Some of Which I can't mention here), things go perfect. They install perfect, run perfect, with no issues to mention of.

However, here is the problem. After the apps are installed, and I reset my iPhone, the apps are still present, but with different icons than there supposed to have. For example. I currently only have 4 apps from cydia installed. Cycorder, 123Spoof, SpoofApp are three of them.

They each installed perfect, and run perfect. However, after I done a reboot, just a normal reset, or even a power off and on, the icons are all mixed up. The 123Spoof app, has an icon for an app that I previously had installed from cydia, that was deleted before 123Spoof was ever installed. And so on for the other apps.

It appears that any application I install from cydia, after reboot, takes the form of apps that have been deleted from the device. It has also happened even when there was nothing deleted. The icons simply changed anyway. And let me tell you, I've tried everything I know to fix this issue.

I've done a full restore and firmware flash back to the original iTunes 3.0 Firmware, and rejailbroke over 7 times now. I've even tried to install them on a clean slate, reboot, and see if that helped. What I mean, is I done a full restore, jailbreak, and then I went and installed my list of cydia apps I most commonly use. I then powered off, and on. I made sure that I didn't have to delete any apps from the device before the restore, but no luck. Some still come back with mixed up icons.

So, any help here would be tremendous guys, becuase I've not been able to find this anywhere else on the web.
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Do you have Icy installed?
  3. TweakMan

TweakMan New Member

No Icy

Nope, no icy installed.
  4. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so 8 times? what does over 7 times mean? seven and a half?

sry, i don't know the answer to your prob
  5. TweakMan

TweakMan New Member

I've went thru everything on the web. Almost every bug, bug fix for cydia, jailbreak, unlock, etc. And nothing is to help this. And after 7 restores, 7 jailbreaks, and 7 tries all together, I don't have a clue whats going on